[AIHL][AASL][AAHL] Calculus - Part 2 - Further differentiation rules

Hewwo!

DP2 has already started for most of you and lots of you are probably on prob/stats or integration. 

I figured this is the perfect time to post about... further differentiation rules, because everyone loves a refresher on stuff they hate the most (but also very important).

This material was written with a CEGEP/U0 student in mind, so the calculus standards would be a lot higher than AASL or even AIHL. Since I'm making this for a student I'm tutoring atm, I think it would be useful to y'all as well.

If you plan to pursue a degree in physical sciences or engineering, this is the level of calculus that would normally be taught in most calculus 1 courses in North America.

Content - chain rule, product rule, quotient rule, derivatives of sinusoidal, exponential and logarithmic functions. (AASL and AIHL students: you are not responsible for the derivative of cot(x), csc(x), sec(x), a^x and log_a(x).)

Structure - example-problem pairs with practice questions mostly taken from Solomons' C3 Worksheet (linked can be found here or on the front page of the booklet). I'll post the answers to the remaining questions when I have time.

Advice - to understand what I'm writing, follow the structure in the worked example line by line. Ask yourself, what's going on here? What did Andrew do? Did he do anything stupid or it's intentional? How did he jump between the lines? If necessary, cover the remaining examples with a piece of paper and focus on the worked example at hand.

Of course, if you need general help with this booklet or quick questions, feel free to get in touch with me. I won't bite. If you need someone to guide you through the stuff step by step, perhaps you may want to consider hiring me. ;p


If you have any suggestions/recommendations, please slide into my DM on Discord.

Source: AdventurousAndrew#7499 2021


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Survival Guide] AASL Version

Collection of Resources: Algebruh

Collection of Unit Tests: cUrVed TrApEzOId