Andrew for Hire - A little more about myself!

Hello hello hello!

Welcome to the website! If you're here, there's a very good chance you're also in my mocks server. However, if you come from the IB server (I occasionally shared some posts there to get more traffic), you'll see that I have loads to offer. c;


If you're interested, please fill out this form: Andrew's tutoring form. I'll get in touch with you to understand your needs better.


Who am I?

I'm currently majoring in Chemical Engineering at McGill, has a passion for assessments (especially maths assessments) and in turn develops a passion for good teaching. I'm a mock exam writer (duh, I have an entire mocks server) since May 2020, writing papers for both AA and AI every exam season. I've been a session leader and occasionally revision organiser on the IB server for some time now. I write a ton of assessments, some of which I shared on the site, and starting last year I decided to share more "content" instead of simply posting tests and exams, because there's so much you could do if you know you get the wrong answer without any support to fix it.

I also have the honour of being a TA at McGill for Calculus 3 and Differential Equations (MATH 263 and 264), and I'm happy that many students in my session still choose to stick around near the end of the semester! (The tutorials aren't mandatory)


Why did I bore you with all the details?

I've been involved in the community for about three years. I'm aware of the topics that students generally find challenging. I have a good sense of the difficulty of the paper you'll sit in May (for more details, check out how I write exams). I've been tutoring since 2021 and got my CRLA certification (available upon request), so I think I know what I'm doing. I think hard about how I want to teach a topic to ensure success for everyone, and I spend a fair amount of time reading research on cognitive science to enhance the odds of you retaining the knowledge.


What's different between free stuff and paid stuff?

Good question. On this website, I'll keep upload tests and notes and Revision Guides and Survival Guides every-so-often, as long as I have people tuning in. If you choose to stick to the free stuff, don't worry - I'll still post here and the stuff I've posted here will never go behind a paywall!

However, there are things that I could only do with my students: personalise the session to fit what they need, choose appropriate examples to avoid forming misconceptions, provide 1-to-1 support as well as some student-exclusive resources. It may include some more mock exams, who knows. I'll always find ways to give you all you need and beyond, but you also have to put in the hard work. That being said, I'll still try to write at least one set of papers per exam season for everyone.


Disclaimer: I was NOT an IB student and I didn't do IB. That being said, if you think I could be the right person for you, by all means, get in touch! I'm on Discord (AdventurousAndrew#7499) or Twitter (@andrewmaths1) to discuss more. Please also fill out the form here (the same form I linked to above). I could only do AA at the moment, sorry AI folks. I don't think I have the expertise nor the time to learn the additional topics.

If you read this post a little too late, I also tutor standard North American Calculus I/II/III sequence or equivalence in other regions. Get in touch if you need help as well! Calculus II is my strongest point - topics including techniques of integration, applications of integration, sequences, series and power series, including Taylor and McClaury (in the word of my student!).

We'll get back to the regularly scheduled blogposts after this short ad!

Happy revisin',

Andrew

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Survival Guide] AASL Version

Collection of Resources: Algebruh

Collection of Unit Tests: cUrVed TrApEzOId