[AAHL][AASL][AIHL] Trigonometric functions

All the resources below are published absolutely free of charge. If you want to say thank you or support me in any other way, click here.

Since the beginning of the winter break, I've finally found time to write an entire unit of trigonometry for y'all. I've thought about doing this for ages, but then life gets in the way and I'm just so knackered after doing everything else.

Introducing the grande finale.

I'll be doing a small experiment right now: instead of posting the booklet in one shot, I've broken it down into several subtopics and I'll post one subtopic at a time, three times a week: Monday, Wednesday and Friday.


Structure of the booklet

Each booklet starts with a prereq check, then a couple subtopics (more on that below), then an end-of-topic revision and quiz. 

The booklet I'll be posting is the second out of the four booklets that I plan to write on trigonometry: relationships, functions, identities and equations. 

 

Structure of each subtopic

Each subtopic may have a short quiz (Drills), theory with worked examples and exercises.

Drills consist of quick questions that I want everyone to be fluent at. You should give yourself 8-10 minutes to answer the questions, sometimes 3, sometimes 6, depending on the specific questions.

Theory is the mix of explanations and worked examples, which are usually paired with guided practice. This has been shown to be an effective method to improve learning.

In the body of the theory, you'll see some boxes called Thinking Questions. These questions tend to draw your attention to subtleties that aren't strictly necessary but very important to note. The idea came from CreativeUsername1#6400 if memory serves me.

Exercises contain of, well, exercises. They're generally long unless I failed to come up with somewhat interesting ideas. Questions tend to increase in difficulty as well. 

Needless to say my explanations and exercises are influenced by many textbooks, but I've tried my best to not copying the exact questions to avoid copyright issues.


As the parts are posted, the links will become visible.

Part 1 and Answers

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7 (and we're done!)

Happy holidays!

Credits: AdventurousAndrew#7499





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Survival Guide] AASL Version

Collection of Resources: Algebruh

Collection of Unit Tests: cUrVed TrApEzOId